Nowadays, silicone products such as kitchen utensils are becoming essential tools for home kitchens. This includes silicone spatulas, Silicone tongs, baking pans, baking mats, and more!
In this last article, we want to share why cleaning and maintenance of kitchen utensils are critical. Suppose cleaning and maintenance work is not performed correctly, some stains, oil and will remain on the kitchenware. In addition, it will cause mold and bacteria to form on the kitchenware, affecting our health directly. And we don’t want that, right?
Let’s check out the step-by-step guide we made to share the proper cleaning method of silicone kitchen utensils.
Steps in Cleaning Silicone Kitchen Utensils
When we buy new silicone kitchen utensils, we must treat them with a premier clean. Here are the steps in cleaning your kitchen utensils:
- Wash away the dust and dirt from the silicone utensils, and use warm water and dish soap to clean them.
- Make sure to sterilize the silicone kitchenware with Boiled water. If you put the silicone kitchenware in the boiler, don’t let the silicone stuff touch the boiler bottom. This is because the partial huge-temperature will damage the silicone material.
- You can also put the silicone in the disinfection, baking oven, or microwave to sterilize them. Just make sure you don’t let the sterilize container temperature not higher than 240℃, and don’t let the silicone too dry in the oven; you can fill little water to protect the silicone.
- Note that 10-30 minutes is good for the sterilizing time.
- After the premier clean and sterilize process, you need to hang up the silicone kitchen utensils to let them air dry. Remember, dry condition avoids mold and bacteria from forming on the surface of silicone kitchenware.
- Last tip, when using silicone kitchen utensils products for the first time, you need to pay attention to cleaning with water to remove dust and debris on the surface before use.
Cleaning After Using the Silicone Kitchen Utensils
Here are the steps you need to know:
- After using silicone kitchen utensils, such as silicone muffin pans and silicone baking mats, we highly suggest you put the silicone kitchenware in the warm water once you collect the cooked food. In that way, we can macerate the dry food residue. Doing so will make you feel it is easy to scrub away the dirt.
- Mostly, silicone products are durable and dishwasher safe. You can put them on the top rack of the dishwasher for regular washing.
- If you prefer cleaning the silicone kitchen utensils by hand, we should prepare hot water, anti-grease dish soap, and a non-abrasive brush or sponge. This can help wash away the grease and other food residues and protect the surface of kitchenware.
- You should note that the high-quality silicone kitchen utensils have high smooth surface treatment technology. What’s great is you don’t have to spray anti-stick oil. Also, avoid damaging the smooth surface when scrubbing and brushing them.
- If stubborn stains stick on the kitchenware, you can simply put them in the boiled water. Then the stains will soften. Once they are, it is now easy to brush away.
- Last tip, you can use baking soda to scrub away the dirt. Plus, the toothpaste is also an excellent cleaning tool.
Maintaining Kitchen Utensils
When cleaning your silicone kitchen utensils, please use a soft sponge or soft cotton cloth. Do not use a rough abrasive, hard steel brush, aluminum ball, or very rough cleaning utensils to clean the kitchen utensils. After cleaning, put it in a ventilated place to dry quickly, or store it in a cabinet or drawer.
We Ensure the Best Quality of Silicone Products in Wetop
Our company, Wetop, was established in 2011 as the new brand of Youbang silicone. Our growth was fueled by the desire to manufacture safe and environmentally friendly silicone products, and now our commitment to providing the global market with marketable food-grade silicone products has opened a lot of opportunities to collaborate with prestigious international brands.
We believe that the key to our success, aside from our skillful employees, is the quality production process we practice in our factory. Firstly, we make sure that the raw materials we source are from respected suppliers, such as Dow Corning, Shin-Etsu, and Wacker. Then we are meticulous when it comes to compression molding and liquid silicone molding. Lastly, we also give high priority even to the post-processing stage and performance tests.
For silicone products, we specialize in kitchen utensils, baby needs, and electrical accessory items.
Silicone kitchen utensils are a very convenient and practical tool, and if you’re looking for a reliable manufacturer to supply your kitchen needs, Wetop is here for you! Check out our website https://www.wetopsilicone.com/ to know more about our latest products and promos.